Wanted to know if trim is okay to use?

Most discussions go here except personal/family stories

Wanted to know if trim is okay to use?

Postby nateberry » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Yo wanted to know if it would be okay to use trim for the oil? Any experiences with trim any information or opinions are highly welcome. Thank you and have a blessed day
nateberry
New User

Re: Wanted to know if trim is okay to use?

Postby Genesis 1:29 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:09 am

trim works okay to make medicine for chronic pains but I have not seen it turn around a terminal diagnosis. for that, it takes a full plant extract.
Genesis 1:29
Site Guide

Postby nateberry » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:59 am

But what is the understanding behind this? My apologies if Im a little slow on the subject but correct me if I am wrong.

So if I have a lb of trim vs an ounce of flower/bud. The THC content in the bud oil will be greater than the trim oil?
nateberry
New User

Postby Genesis 1:29 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:09 pm

I have no understanding of why it is just my experience. we make a lot of oil and only see true miracles when flowers are used but the trim oil works very well for chronic conditions.
Site Guide

Postby nateberry » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:30 am

Great to know.. Well do you have a preferred method of execution in making the oil. I'm asking because I sense the confidence in your experience. Any recommended procedures that you have learned or videos that I should watch besides the original Rick Simpson vid? Also what kind is chronic conditions have you had experience with? A list would be appreciated if you have the time... Thanks for answering my questions thus far... Awesome people in the community!!!!
nateberry
New User

Postby Genesis 1:29 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 am

we reflux the material for a few hours which extracts more wax and chlorophyll. we do this because people complain less when taking this oil than with a quick wash, like Rick shows in RFTC. we use 99 isopropyl alcohol as the solvent and a device called a Presto Kitchen Kettle to boil off the solvent.
we have seen just about any condition that a doc will give pain pills for helped by oil along with disease like cancers and crohn's, insomnia, depression, high blood pressure and a myriad of other things too. I am starting to believe that cannabanoids are truly essential oils that our bodies need to fight the battles they must fight. if you are struggling with health issues, I'd bet oil would help and it is known that it won't hurt...
Site Guide

Postby nateberry » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:25 pm

So I should let the material sit in there few for few hours? 2-3 ?

And also would the following be ideal ? http://www.gotopac.com/Isopropyl_Alcoho ... soal5g.htm

And what advantages have you witnessed using the presto kettle kitchen opposed to the common rice cooker?

Thanks... I appreciate your interest in preserving life.
nateberry
New User

Postby Genesis 1:29 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:37 pm

whether you decide to go through the effort to extract a little more wax and chlorophyll is up to you. we do it because it seems to make it a little more palatable but RS is against the idea. either way, you'll get what you need.

99% IPA is what you want and that link has a great price, even with the hazmat fee.

rick cookers just have an on/off switch giving little control where the Kitchen Kettle has temperature control. we will set it at 200*F which will bring the solvent to a boil at around 170*F. when the solvent is removed the temperature of the oil will rise and the temp control will start turning the heating element on and off automatically.
Site Guide

Postby drchen054 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:35 pm

I PRIMARILY use trim WITH HIGH QUALITY SUCCESS!

but I cold extract it with alcohol and get 50% levels of THC (CBD too) consistently! Go to home depot. Buy some pure alcohol (dont worry, it will COMPETELY vaporize with my cooking steps).

**There is a bit of methyl isobutyl ketone in the home depot alcohol so you have to make absolute sure you bake all of it out after Rick Simpson process.. high heat in pot at end then 25 minutes more baking at 235 F. I will be submitting to lab soon to confirm that the ketone is absolutely evaporated to healthy levels. (updated march 25th, 2014)**

Freeze the alcohol overnight (enough for 2 hemp soaks). Then put the hemp in and mash around for 3 minutes aggressively with wooden spatula). Boil off like in Rick's video. Bake at 235 degrees for another 30 minutes to ensure complete decarboxylation. The trim SHOULD HAVE SOME nugs and/or sugar leaves. The less the quality of the trim, the less the soaking time and of course less output.

You can add BHO extract or CO2 extract just to boost the THC/CBD.
drchen054
Site Guide

Return to General Discussion for Hemp Oil